Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I brought dishonor to my people.

Today was the most disappointing day ever. I finished fifth in today's race. I was leading for the entire race and I was passed by four people in the last 100 meters.

I didn't PR.
I didn't meet peoples expectations.
I didn't meet my own expectations.
There's tons of pressure to run well if you're getting recruited by a D1. Running in college is my way out of here and I need to keep my athletic scholarship.
I have to call four college coaches tomorrow, who all say to "keep them updated," and tell them I'm haven't been racing how I usually do.
I'm taking iron supplements now because anemia is real and it could possibly be the cause of my lack of speed.

Everything is just kind of 'Ugh' right now. I mean, everything has always been 'ugh.' It's just more right now.



Update: 28 Sept. 2014

My splits were 5:56, 5:39, and 7:14. I don't know what happened in the third mile :(


No comments:

Post a Comment