Sunday, September 7, 2014

Home of the Spartans.

So. I've been talking with the coach at a school I really want to run for, for a few months now and today I went for a visit and I got to meet him! We talked for a while and this is what came up:

• If I committed  my athletic scholarship would cover 70% of the total cost of attendance. It would completely cover tuition and fees, books and housing. Basically, I would only have to pay for food. And that's great, because I can't pay for college.

If I can run a 17:50-17:40 on Mt. SAC, or if I preform really well throughout the season once I'm racing for their team, the percentage goes up.

•Apparently, division 1 programs get free training gear! I looooooove training gear! That's free trainers, spikes, a nike backpack, a customized XC/TF shirt and jacket, and running tights! There is nothing I love more than a good pair of running tights. #legitrunnerpants

• The coach coached at Boise State and even got to coach Emma Bates for a while! She's fast! She was the 2013 runner up at nationals for cross country and she placed third in the 5k at nationals for track! I want to be Emma Bates when I grow up.

And I get to go on a run with a few of the girls on the team tomorrow morning! 

Yee.



No comments:

Post a Comment