Friday, October 17, 2014

Life Update #2: College and laughing gas.

Life update as of October 17, 2014--

Running:  
League Meet #2:  The winning time was 19:30. There were girls running that have gone into the low 18's and the winning time was 19:30.
DP Invitational: I couldn't run DPI because of my wisdom tooth removal!

Mt. SAC: We run Mt. SAC in a week and I'm reallllllly excited for it! That's my favorite course ever! I don't know how the iron deficiency will effect my time, but this will be my sixth time running it, so I'm ready!

Health:
Wisdom tooth extractions: I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed two days ago! The nitrous oxide was so cool! There's something about feeling numb and tingly that's just really cool. 

They were erupted, not impacted wisdom teeth, so they had already grown out and were visible. That made them hurt and there was a ton of pressure in my mouth. It's nice to not have that pressure or pain anymore. I still have chipmunk cheeks, but it's not as bad as it was a few days ago. I can't eat solid foods and that sucks. I'm tired of eating  mashed potatoes. 

Weight: Since I can't really eat anything, I've lost weight. I'm down to 109. 

College:

CSU App: I haven't started filling out the CSU application, but I will start that tomorrow, if not Sunday, but I really have to get it done!

Official Visits: I'm going on an official visit to Humboldt State on Halloween weekend! I booked a flight a few days ago and I'm really looking forward to it! Arcata is right by Oregon, so they share similar characteristics; cold, cloudy, and foresty. Sounds like my kind of place.

Signing Day???: Signing day is, I think, sometime in the second week of November. I'm about 90% sure I'm going to commit and sign with San Jose State. It's the only D1 school I've been in contact with (the rest are D2) and in the end, I know my decision is going to be based on which school will be able to better support me financially. SJSU has tons of money for their athletes and I don't think I'm going to find a better scholarship offer.




No comments:

Post a Comment